School transportation coordinator and factotum driver
The French School of Amman is an international school with more than 570 pupils (one third Jordanians, one third French and one third from other countries). The school offers a door to door bus service as well as a bus service between the primary school and the secondary school.
Under the direct supervision of the French school directors and in close coordination with the Finance and Administrative Director, the coordinator’s objective would be to ensure that the parents’ and the school’s expectations in terms of school transportation are fully met.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The school transportation coordinator - factotum driver will be responsible for:
- Organisation and management of school transportation tours for the LFiA ;
- Point of contact for the families in the daily use of the school transportation service by the students (contact by telephone) ;
- Supervision of a team of drivers and bus attendants, contact between LFiA transportation company.
- Driver is at the disposal of the LFiA (individual accompaniment to the airport, to the hotel, or for administrative procedures etc) ;
- Pick up and drop off of mail ;
- Miscellaneous administrative procedures with the Jordanian authorities and the local medical insurance company;
- Withdrawal of orders from the different suppliers ;
Profile and Qualifications:
- Fluency in spoken English and Arabic (French would be an asset) ;
- Possession of driving licence ;
- Good knowledge of the city of Amman and traffic circulation (in order to create tours) ;
- Excellent organisational capabilities and skills to analyse problems, set priorities and take initiatives;
- Capable of informing direct manager of any dysfunction.
- Absolute discretion requested.
- 751 JD/month (12 months), Grid 2, Scale 5 applicable at the LFiA ;
- 75% discount on school fees for all coordinator’s children enrolled at the French school ;
- 80% of health insurance cost covered (according to age, if insurable) ;
- 48 working hours per week for a total of 49 weeks according to the following breakdown:
- 39 weeks according to the school calendar
- 10 weeks accounted in hours worked on driving factotum missions outside school time (annualised working time);
- 3 months trial period ;
- Affiliation to the Jordanian retirement scheme (if applicable) ;
- Deduction on salary of revenu tax (if applicable) ;
- Creation of new job position, to be started as soon as possible.
How to apply?
Candidates are requested to send their Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter indicating their interest in the position as well as a two page concept note explaining how they would structure their approach for the important tasks described in this document.